My name is Paige Pennifold and I like to call myself a Visual Communicator. Yes, I am trained as a graphic designer, but my background and skill set in illustration, typography, fine art, videography, web design and photography are a mixture of various mediums that allow me to excel in all types of visual communication. These skills allow me to solve problems in a fresh and interesting way, working with whichever medium is appropriate.
My goal as a designer is to improve user experience and communication between people on a daily basis. I have a passion for design, and find the diversity of each project I work on an exciting and refreshing opportunity.
Medicine Hat College
- Bachelor of Applied Arts (Visual Communications) Degree
ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD SUITE
- Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, Audtion, After Effects, Premiere Pro,
Dreamweaver, Typekit, and Adobe Muse.
VIDEO & SOUND
- Premiere Pro, Audition, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Soundtrack Pro, Motion, Quicktime, Garage Band, and iTunes.
WEB & USER EXPERIENCE
- Responsive web design including WordPress websites, website content managers, Adobe Dreamweaver and Muse, and basic HTML.
I strive to create user friendly material on all devices, that read and flow with ease, while being visually stimulating and pleasant to look at.
- Detailed in setting up and managing Facebook, Twitter, Skype, Instagram, Pinterest, Vimeo, and YouTube accounts for clients.
- Scanning and formatting documents and data using Microsoft Office, Excel, Powerpoint, Acrobat, and Font Database Managers like Typekit and Universal Type Client.
RELIABLE & ORGANIZED
- I am able to meet deadlines, and always show up on time and prepared. My realiability comes from my ability to be organized and precise.
DETERMINED & ENTHUSIASTIC
- I am a persistent person, and am dedicated to producing the best work I can. I find excitement in solving new problems. I am always interested in learning new things and considering others’ opinions and critiques.
- Design is an industry that is always changing, and a very modest and important skill is not knowing everything, but knowing how to find out what you don’t know. This is one of my strengths, because I am not afraid to ask questions or to develop and teach myself new skills.